My Doctor Who Mixtape: A guide for vintage Who newbs.
1. William Hartnell.
Recommended: ‘An Unearthly Child, The Dalek Invasion of Earth’.
2. Patrick Troughton.
Recommended: ‘The Invasion, The War Games’.
3. John Pertwee.
Recommended: ‘Spearhead from Space, The Sea Devils , Planet of the Spiders’.
4. Tom Baker.
Recommended: ‘Genesis of the Daleks, The Talons of Weng Chiang, Planet of Death’.
5. Peter Davison.
Recommended: ‘Earthshock, Mawdryn Undead, The Caves of Androzani’.
6. Colin Baker.
Recommended: ‘The Trial of a Time Lord’. Maybe.
7. Sylvester McCoy.
Recommended: ‘Remembrance of the Daleks, Curse of Fenric, Survival’.
8. Paul McGann.
Recommended: All the 8th Doctor Big Finish radio plays. They rock balls.
To Listen to:
- Every 8th Doctor adventure, from Storm Warning onwards. Then, all four seasons of the New Eighth Doctor Adventures.
- Here are a handful of random adventures from other Doctors to listen to, taken from the Big Finish Monthly series. In a perfect world you’d grab them all and listen in order, but here are my favourites:
- #6: The Marian Conspiracy.
- #9: The Spectre of Lanyon Moor
- #13: The Shadow of the Scourge
- #21: Dust Breeding
- #22: Bloodtide
- #25: Colditz
…And it’s at this point that I realise how hard it is to recommend standalone stories. Go to Tardis Wiki, look up the Monthly series list, and pick a Doctor, preferably 6 or 7. Listen to their stories in order if you can.
Again, I know this is overwhelming, but follow my mixture, of sorts, and i’m fairly certain you’ll be hooked.
Definitely planning to follow this over the summer. DEFINITELY.